COSTUME CONTEST DETAILS
All costume contests will take place on Saturday starting at 5PM.
Winners are chosen by a panel of judges.
How to enter:
SIGN UP from 10 AM to 2:30 PM at the Cosplay Central/Briumbra Photography booth. You must be completely registered by 2:30 PM; no submissions will be taken after this time. YOU MUST BE IN COSTUME TO ENTER. Your Photo will be taken for judging purposes, but can be purchased at Briumbra photography. Entries are limited and you may only enter 1 contest.
A fun and pressure-free way to show off your cosplay on stage regardless of where it’s from or how it was made!
– Ages 11 and up.
– Top 3 win a certificate and a prize.
Kids Cosplay Masquerade:
-Ages 10 & under, contestants must be accompanied by an adult at sign-up.
– Top 3 win a prize.
Entries are judged on the craftsmanship (design, construction, execution, and general presentation) of a costume. 1st place winner will receive a cash prize.
1. At least 60% of entrant’s costume must be handcrafted by the participant. Purchased or commissioned costumes (or anything considered not original work) do not qualify for the craftsmanship category.
2. The costume’s creator(s) may have a model wearing the costume for the contest. In these cases, the creator(s) must be present for judging, must be the owner of the costume, and would be credited for any awards (not the model).
3. Costumes that have won any award in any other costume contest are not permitted.
1. Shoes are required at all times while in the public areas of the convention center. Even if a cosplay character goes barefoot, the cosplayer must wear shoes.
2. Costumes and daily wear shall not expose the body in such a way as to be deemed indecent exposure.
3. All costumes worn within the convention center must fit through a standard doorway. Any attendee wearing a bulky costume, or one with poor visibility, should have a handler available to escort him/her. In addition, please ensure any bulky costume is properly ventilated to prevent heat stroke.
4. Any metal items used for cosplays are not allowed to have sharp or pointed edges that could potentially cause injury. Real swords, bats, etc. are not allowed. A safer material substitute is an alternate option.
5. No costume or prop may generate odor, smoke, or fog.
6. Cosplay props are to be checked in with security at the registration area before they will be allowed in the convention area.
7. All props must be non-working and peace bonded. Security will peace-bind any props, and attendees will assume responsibility that they have read this policy and agree to follow the rules as outlined in it.
8. Any violation of a peace-bind will result in an immediate loss of prop privileges.
9. No functioning projectile props.
10. If security deems a prop dangerous or harmful it will not be allowed. This will be decided on a case by case basis.
11. Attendees will not brandish, point, flail, play-fight, run with, or use their prop in any kind of threatening manner.
12. Inappropriate conduct with any camera (video or photo) will be grounds for removal of convention privileges, up to and including revocation without a refund.
13. If you want to take a photo of a cosplayer, it’s proper form to ask first. Most will be happy to oblige and pose fiercely.
14. These rules may be modified as needed to help protect the safety of all attendees.
15. Most importantly…
A. Have fun.
B. Don’t be a jerk.